Sunday 23 April 2017

EYELINER REVIEW

CHARLOTTE TILBURY 'The Feline flick' LIQUID EYELINER 

I received the 'Feline flick, Panther' liquid eyeliner as a Christmas gift and have been using it on and off since then.

Firstly, I personally love to use liquid eyeliner pens as I it is much easier to apply and I am able to achieve thin cat eye flicks. I normally use Japanese branded eyeliners, such as Dolly wink or Canmake.
My favourite is the Koji Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner, which is a medium sized pen liner with a brush which is gentle to the eye.




KOJI

Link to purchase the Dolly wink eyeliner, RRP £15, in Asia it is around £10 or cheaper.
Koji Dolly Wink liquid pen eyeliner


PICTURES OF THE EYELINER


Koji Dolly Wink eyeliner



The product comes in a rather large clear plastic packaging and has information about the product in Japanese, of which I cannot read. The overall design is very cutesy and
minimalistic with pastel pink colours and gold accented patterns, a typical Japanese packaging style. I preferred the Charlotte Tilbury packing over the Koji one.
The brush is very thin and flexible and the feel of the pen is rather light.


Koji Dolly Wink eyeliner, from top to bottom, I am increasing the pressure I put onto the pen
REVIEW

I have been using the Koji eyeliner for around 3 years and have never been disappointed. I am able to achieve thin eyeliner strokes and it does not smudge throughout the day, even with my oily eyelids. The brush is soft to the eyes and can be easily removed.




CHARLOTTE TILBURY

Link to purchase the CT eyeliner, RRP £22

Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick liquid pen eyeliner

The product came in a medium sized box to fit the eyeliner in, with the signature Charlotte Tilbury colours and logo. At first,I noticed that it was a little longer and larger than my regular Dollywink eyeliner, but the pen had a section of indentation where you could hold the pen easily. The design of the product is very sleek.

PICTURES OF THE EYELINER
Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick eyeliner


Close up of the Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick eyeliner
REVIEW

I applied my eyeliner as usual, but when I was applying the eyeliner, I felt that it was harsh and hard to apply due to the felt tip pen top, compared to a brush top, and I was unable to achieve thin strokes as the brush is too thick. After countless attempts at a some-what thing cat eye flick, I found that it was impossible to achieve a thin flick, even though the swatches show that you can achieve thin strokes. 

I don't think this eyeliner is suitable for those with oily  or even mono eyelids as throughout the day I saw that it had smudged onto my bottom eyelashes and gave me slight panda eyes. I understand that it does not state that it is waterproof, but for the price of the product, I had high expectations.

I do not like the Charlotte Tilbury liquid pen eyeliner as it is not smudge proof, the brush is hard and not gentle on the eyes and I am unable to get thin and precise cat eye flicks. 

Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick eyeliner. From top to bottom, I am increasing in pressure I put on the pen

Overall, I would not purchase this product again as I am not able to achieve the look I wish and it smudges quite badly. I will continue to use my Koji eyeliner.

No comments: